Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thing 13: Online Applications and Tools

Google Docs was first introduced to me by way of Teachers Pay Teachers. Several of the free items on TpT are accessed through Google Docs. At first, I did not understand the reason but now I know that publishers, teachers, and school districts are not always using the same platforms or versions of the same progra so Google Docs erases those challenges.

I have also used Dropbox to edit documents that were sent to me from my supervisor at my part-time job at The Children's Museum of Houston. She did not want to worry about emailing them since I do not always clean out my email box and sometimes messages with attached files get bounced back.

I think it would nice to use files that were created on my home computer on another device, without worrying about saving to a flash drive or emailing them to myself. I can also see the benefit of teaching students to use online applications so groups can collaborate from home computers/devices and then, present at the school library or in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment