Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thing 7: Blog Searching

I looked at Technorati today. I was not impressed. This website tracks blogs' usage. You can search by tags or keywords. Neither proved successful for me.

I tried "elementary library" and got three posts about the same subject and several out-dated blogs. Next, I tried "elementary" but that was too vague - elementary art, elementary history, public school blogs, and more. "Elementary" posts were timely but not useful.

Next, I looked at popular tags. Library/libraries were not popular tags. Education led me to adult education topics such as Microsoft Word software. Books would not load - several attempts were made.

When I typed in "23 Things" in blog search, I had varied blogs ranging from "Uppity Negroes" to other MLS projects.

Overall, I found this website unhelpful. I would not recommend to others for research.




No comments:

Post a Comment