Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thing 8: RSS Feeds

As I noted before, Google Reader will be defunct after July 1. My cousin, who is also an educator and a blogger, recommended that I try Feedly. I am glad I took his advice! I found this site easy to navigate. I only had two RSS feeds saved in Google Reader, but they tranferred to Feedly almost immediately.

From that point, I did various searches - elementary libraries, public library and kindergarten (my current teaching assignment). Each time I found a blog I liked, Feedly suggested more. Most of those suggestions were helpful and relevant. I saved my blogs in various categories. Later, I can go back and read the posts when I have more time.

I will use Feedly now but continue to avoid Syndic8 and Technorati. Feedly will make more efficient use of my time and help me better organize my blogs. When I begin teaching library lessons, we can use Feedly to search research topics. 

Summer is the perfect time to go through my work emails and transfer information to Feedly for one-stop reading and less email traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment